Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Learn Spanish in Spain at the Universidad Carlos III.
Spanish Language Program in Madrid, Spain.
Short and Long Term Spanish Courses in Spain.
The Universidad Carlos III de Madrid offers students several options to study abroad in Spain and to learn Spanish in Spain:
- Semester Spanish Courses (non-intensive Spanish courses)
- 40 hour Intensive Spanish Course in September
- 2-week Intensive Summer Spanish Program
- Year-long Intensive Spanish Course (600 hours of Spanish classes)
- Advanced Business Spanish Course
Note: Spanish courses take place in Getafe, a town just outside of Madrid. Check with the Universidad Carlos III to make sure you know where each course if offered: email@example.com
Semester Spanish Courses (non-intensive Spanish courses)
Semester-long Spanish courses at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid are geared towards international students who want to learn Spanish or improve their level of Spanish.
The Semester Spanish Courses are open to all international students that have obtained a high school diploma (i.e., permission to study at the college/university level.)
Course dates: September 30th to December 5th 2013. Location: Getafe Campus. Course length: 40 hours, 4 hours per week.
– UC3M international community: €255.
– Applicants who are not part of the UC3M: €295.
– A1.1, A1.2, A2* levels : Mondays and Wednesdays from 13 to 15 h.
– B1.1, B1.2, B2 and C1 levels: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 13 to 15 h.
* The A2 level will also be held Mondays and Wednesdays from 15 to 17 h.
Registration procedure: ⇒ Please submit our on-line level test (the level test will be available on our website during the registration period). ⇒ The student will receive a pre-acceptance confirmation after September 8th. In order to complete the registration, payment of fees must be made after receiving this confirmation.
40 hour Intensive Spanish Course in September
The Intensive September Spanish Course takes place from the end of August to mid-September and consist of 40 hours of Spanish classes. The course costs 295 euros and all levels of Spanish are offered, from beginning Spanish to advanced Spanish.
The level of each student is determined by the online Spanish level test. Applicants must send in their registration form after taking the Spanish level test and must then wait for confirmation of pre-registration. After confirmation, the student must make payment for the course.
2-week Intensive Summer Spanish Program
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid offers Intensive Spanish Courses for all their international students and staff (Professors, Erasmus students, visiting students/Professors, etc.) who wish to learn Spanish or improve their level during their stay at UC3M.
Interested parties from outside the UC3M may also apply for the Spanish courses. In this case, the students are required to have succesfully completed at least secondary education. If the number of applicants is higher than the number of available seats, UC3M members will get priority.
The total duration of the Spanish course is 40 hours
- Maximum 15 students per group.
- Levels available from absolute beginners to advanced Spanish
- Schedule: 4 Spanish classes a day in the mornings
Course dates: July, 1st to 12th 2013.
Year-long Intensive Spanish Course (600 hours of Spanish classes)
The Year-long Intensive Spanish Course is an intensive Spanish course that cover Spanish Language, Spanish Culture, and Spanish Civilization.
Objective of this Spanish program:
- To provide the student with the Spanish language communicative competencies necessary to resolve everyday situation in Spain, in Spanish.
- To complement communicative practice with social and cultural aspects of Spain, such as Spanish Art, Spanish Cinema, Spanish History, Spanish Literature, Spanish Cuisine, and the Spanish lifestyle, according to his or her level of Spanish.
- To immerse the student in a university environment, providing him or her with the resources the university has to offer while learning Spanish as a foreign language.
Eligibility: Anyone over the age of 18 interested in studying at a university in a Spanish-speaking country.
Duration: 600 hours
Course Dates: October – mid June
Location: Getafe Campus
- Use of the Spanish language
- Communicative Functions: Spanish oral expression and comprehension
- Communicative Functions: Spanish written expression and comprehension
- Spanish Society and Spanish Culture
- Spanish for Specific Purposes: Academic, legal, business, mass media
- Preparation for the DELE diploma (·Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera or “Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language”)
Course Fee: 3,500 euros
Course Fee includes:
- Spanish classes
- Spanish cultural activities included in the program
- Learning materials
- University card
- Complementary activities in the resource centers
- Individual tutorials
- Course diploma
- Accident and emergency care insurance
Year-long Intensive Spanish Course – Spanish Language, Culture, & Civilization (600 hours of Spanish classes)