University of Alicante – 12 Week Semester in Spain
Learn Spanish in Spain at the University of Alicante
Spanish Courses at the University of Alicante
A wide range of Spanish courses are available, adapted to different student needs and timetable or calendar preferences, etc.
If you have the time and wish to improve your level of Spanish rapidly, enrol on the Language Courses, combining these with Complementary Courses in Spanish Conversation, Culture and Civilisation, and Spanish through Art, Literature, Business or Film. If you only have a few hours available for studying Spanish, because of other work or study commitments, you can choose between Combi or Active Courses, which offer less intensive timetables.
We also encourage you to obtain a Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE), organised by the Instituto de Cervantes, which provides official certification of your level of Spanish. The University of Alicante is an examination centre for these internationally recognised Diplomas. The examinations are held three times a year at the University of Alicante, and we organise preparatory courses to help you pass these examinations.
In order for you to get the most out of your stay with us, and so that you can fully embrace Spanish culture, we offer support services for students on our Spanish Courses: the Overseas Student Service, the Accommodation Service, and Cultural and Leisure Activities.
Spanish Language and Complemetary Spanish Courses
Language Course (3 hours/day – 15 hours/week)
These courses are designed for people who want to learn Spanish quickly and effectively.
We offer 12 levels based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, starting from Absolute Beginners (A1) to Advanced (C2+). Each level lasts 4 weeks (the start date of each course is shown in green on the calendar). From Beginners 2 (A1+) onwards, students may join a level which has already begun, on any Monday of the year.
For those students already at Advanced level, we offer Proficiency courses (subject to a minimum number of enrolments).
Additional Courses (1 hour/day – 5 hours/week)
These courses are aimed at those students who wish to extend their knowledge of Spanish within a more specific context.
– Conversation : for students who wish to improve their fluency in Spanish and understand the language in different formal and colloquial communicative situations.
– Spanish for Business (from level A2): for students who require accreditation of their command of the language in the specific contexts of business and work.
– Spanish Culture and Civilisation (from level A2): for students who wish to study the language in its cultural context, and to learn about Spain’s social customs, history, festivals, gastronomy, etc.
– Spanish through Film (from level A2): for film enthusiasts who want to approach Spanish culture through recent films by Almodóvar, Saura, Amenábar, etc.
– Spanish through Art (From level A2): For students interested in the great figures and works in the history of Spanish art, and who want to learn vocabulary specific to this field.
– Spanish through Literature (from level A2): for enthusiasts of reading and literature who wish to improve their Spanish by reading the works of the great classic authors such as Cervantes, Unamuno, Lorca, etc.