May Intensive 4 Week Spanish Language Course
Dates – May to June
- The minimum age for participating on these Courses is 18 (16 with written parental consent).
- You must have graduated high school – be in possession of a high school diploma
Beginner Spanish, Intermediate Spanish, Upper Intermdiate Spanish, Advanced Spanish,
Shared Flats – 230 euros per month (approx.)
We have a large number of shared flats available, sharing with Spanish and/or overseas students at the University of Alicante. Prices depend on the type of flat, but an approximate price would be around € 230 per single room per month. The cost of water, electricity, gas, etc., is not included. All flats are within easy access of the Campus.
Family Accommodation – 660 euros to 750 euros per month
This type of accommodation offers you the possibility of learning more about Spanish culture and practicing your Spanish outside the classroom. The families registered with our service have substantial experience in sharing their homes with students from all over the world. Prices are € 25/day full board and € 22/day half board
University Residence Halls
Click here for information regarding university residence halls.
- Completed forms may be handed in up to 20 days before the start of the course (either on-line or in person). Beyond this deadline, admission is subject to availability of places on the course.
- Applicants should clearly specify on their form the dates of the course, the level obtained in the on-line test and the type of accommodation required and dates of their stay, where appropriate.
- Confirmation of enrolment will be sent within 24-48 hours of receipt of the application form. The letter of confirmation will contain details of how to pay for enrolment and accommodation, where appropriate.
- Payment will not be accepted from applicants who have not yet been admitted onto the course.
A wide range of Spanish courses are available, adapted to different student needs and timetable or calendar preferences, etc.
If you have the time and wish to improve your level of Spanish rapidly, enrol on the Language Courses, combining these with Complementary Courses in Spanish Conversation, Culture and Civilisation, and Spanish through Art, Literature, Business or Film. If you only have a few hours available for studying Spanish, because of other work or study commitments, you can choose between Combi or Active Courses, which offer less intensive timetables.
In order for you to get the most out of your stay with us, and so that you can fully embrace Spanish culture, we offer support services for students on our Spanish Courses: the Overseas Student Service, the Accommodation Service, and Cultural and Leisure Activities.
Spanish Language and Complemetary Spanish Courses
Language Course (3 hours/day – 15 hours/week)
These courses are designed for people who want to learn Spanish quickly and effectively. We offer 12 levels based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, starting from Absolute Beginners (A1) to Advanced (C2+). Each level lasts 4 weeks (the start date of each course is shown in green on the calendar). From Beginners 2 (A1+) onwards, students may join a level which has already begun, on any Monday of the year. For those students already at Advanced level, we offer Proficiency courses (subject to a minimum number of enrolments).
Additional Courses (1 hour/day – 5 hours/week)(An additional fee must be paid for the extra course.)
These courses are aimed at those students who wish to extend their knowledge of Spanish within a more specific context.
- Conversation all levels): for students who wish to improve their fluency in Spanish and understand the language in different formal and colloquial communicative situations.
- Spanish for Business (from level A2): for students who require accreditation of their command of the language in the specific contexts of business and work.
- Spanish Culture and Civilisation (from level A2): for students who wish to study the language in its cultural context, and to learn about Spain’s social customs, history, festivals, gastronomy, etc.
- Spanish through Film (from level A2): for film enthusiasts who want to approach Spanish culture through recent films by Almodóvar, Saura, Amenábar, etc.
- Spanish through Art (From level A2): For students interested in the great figures and works in the history of Spanish art, and who want to learn vocabulary specific to this field.
- Spanish through Literature (from level A2): for enthusiasts of reading and literature who wish to improve their Spanish by reading the works of the great classic authors such as Cervantes, Unamuno, Lorca, etc.
Socio-cultural and leisure activities form an essential and complementary part of your studies at the University of Alicante.
Accordingly, we organise numerous activities so that you will feel at home in amulticultural environment, where Spanish and overseas students share trips, workshops, courses and other leisure activities.
Your participation in these events will make your time at the University of Alicante an unforgettable experience.
Come along! We’re waiting for you.