Spanish Language and Culture Course in Spain. Spring Semester
|Program Name:||Spanish Language & Culture|
|School:||University of Leon|
|Duration:||Semester (March to June)|
|Cost:||€ 1,350 / $ 1,451.39 *|
|Housing||€ 250 / $ 268.78 * per month student apt
€ 750 / $ 806.33 * per month homestay
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Eligibility:||Open Enrollment, anybody can participate, no min GPA required, no letters of recommendation required, must have high school diploma. You do not have to be a college student to enroll in this Spanish program. You do not have to participate in a US university study abroad program to enroll in this Spanish program. Minimum age 18.|
* Euro equivalent in dollars based on current exchange rate
COURSE DESCRIPTION – Spanish Language and Culture Course, Spring Semester
The Spanish Language and Culture Course at the University of Leon consists of 240 class-hours of Spanish and is held mornings to early afternoon, with a half and hour break. There are 20 Spanish classes per week totaling 80 class-hours of Spanish per month. All courses include classes in Spanish grammar and vocabulary, Oral Communication, Spanish Written Communication, and Spanish Culture. Participants with an intermediate level of Spanish and above can also take Introduction to Spanish Literature and Culture & Spanish Civilization courses. Advanced students have additional options, including Spanish Art, Spain’s Contemporary Culture, Spanish American Literature, and Great Works of Literature in Spanish.
The Spanish courses are divided by level (A1 (Beginner), A2 (Pre-Intermediate), B1 (Intermediate), B2 (Advanced), C1 (Advanced High.)
SPANISH COURSES OFFERED
- Spanish Conversation
- Spanish Written Communication
- Spanish Culture
- Spanish Grammar and Vocabulary
- Introduction to Spanish Literature
- Spanish Art
- History of Contemporary Spain
- Spanish Literature
- Latin American Literature
- Great Works of Literature in Spanish
Included in the Spanish course:
- Learning materials
- City Tour
- Museum visits
- Visits to sites of historical and cultural interest
- Certificate of attendance for having completed the Spanish course
- Wifi access at the Centro de Idiomas
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Open enrollment, anybody can participate. The Spanish program at the University of Leon is open to teens, students, and adults. You do not have to be a college student to enroll in this Spanish program. You do not have to participate in a US university study abroad program to enroll in this Spanish program. Minimum age 18.
The Centro de Idiomas at the University of Leon offers a complete and varied academic offering relating to the study of Spanish as a foreign language. Spanish Language and Culture Courses are offered in the fall, winter, and spring semesters. Summer Spanish courses in Spain are also available.
Activities: City tours, museum visits, visits to places of historical and cultural importance
Housing: Shared student apartments, homestays, university residences
HOW TO ENROLL
Fill out the online form for the University of Leon’s Spanish Language and Culture Courses. Enrollment is open.
The minimum age required to sign up is 18. There is no minimum required GPA. Recommendation letters are not required.
Applicants must fill in the registration form. Payments must be made in euro by bank transfer to the Centro de Idiomas bank account. All bank charges must be paid by the student. The bank transfer or a copy of the transfer details must show the student’s full name and passport number, quoting the reference “Spanish Courses”.
Students must pay course fees in full in advance of the commencement of the course.
Once the application form is complete and payment made, the following documents must be submitted to this email address: email@example.com
- A scanned Passport size photograph with a white background.
- A scanned Passport or Identity card
- A valid proof of payment of 30% of the total full course fee (either a copy of the transfer or the original bank deposit slip). That amount will be deducted from the full course fees. Course fees (the first term’s fees plus tuition fees) must be paid pay in full in advance of the commencement of the course.
- A copy of the student’s Medical Insurance. Course fees do not include medical assistance; therefore private insurance to cover medical care should be arranged for non-EU foreign students. EU students need to bring with them an official duly completed Form E-111/ E-128, which will entitle them to free medical assistance under the Spanish public health system.
University of Leon Spanish Courses
University of Leon Semester-Long Spanish Courses