University of Malaga. Intensive Spanish Course in Spain
|Program Name:||Intensive Spanish Course|
|School:||University of Malaga|
|Term:||Spring (April to June)|
|Cost:||€ 2,220 / * tuition|
|Housing|| € 300 / * approximate per mo. shared student apt (not offered directly by the University of Malaga)
€ 837 / * per mo. university residence
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Eligibility:||Open Enrollment: Anybody can participate. You do not have to be a college student to enroll in this Spanish program. You do not have to participate in a US university study abroad program to enroll in this Spanish program. The Spanish program is open to teens, students, adults, professional. Minimum age 16.|
* Euro equivalent in dollars based on current exchange rate
COURSE DESCRIPTION – Intensive Spanish Course, Spring Semester
The International Center for Spanish at the University of Malaga offers semester long Intensive Spanish Courses consisting of 4 hours of Spanish classes per day (20 Spanish classes per week). Students can study for a single semester in Spain or can study for 2 or more semesters if they wish. Students will advance to the next level of Spanish according to their progress. The Spanish courses are divided into 6 different levels, from beginner (A1) to Advanced (C2). Classes meet 5 days per week, Monday through Friday.
Beginner to intermediate students have 2 hour of Spanish language and Spanish grammar, plus 2 hours of Spanish conversation and communication practice. Upper intermediate to advanced students take 2 hours of Spanish language and grammar classes plus 2 Spanish electives. Prior to the beginning of the Spanish course students take a placement exam to determine their level of Spanish and to place them in the Spanish class that corresponds to their level of Spanish.
Spanish courses offered (beginner to intermediate):
- Spanish language and grammar
- Spanish literature
- Spanish history
- Spanish cinema
- Spanish art
- Political geography of Spain
- The Spanish economy
- Business Spanish
- Spanish society and politics
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Open enrollment, anybody can participate. The Spanish program at the University of Malaga is open to teens, students, and adults. You do not have to be a college student to enroll in this Spanish program. You do not have to participate in a US university study abroad program to enroll in this Spanish program. Minimum age 16.
The International Spanish Center (CIE) of the University of Malaga is a reference center in the teaching of Spanish with more than 70 years of experience. Throughout its history, the Center has stood out for the quality of its teaching and the service it has provided to international students from all over the world. Its highly qualified team of professionals will guide your learning so that you learn to communicate in Spanish, improve your level and achieve a good command of the Spanish language. Students can learn Spanish at the center for a single month, a semester, or several semesters.
Activities: Our extracurricular activities are included in the price of the course, take place in the evenings and encourage interaction between the members of the Centre, expand practice outside the classroom setting and develop a sociocultural component in the teaching-learning process. Activities include museum visits, visits to historical sites, sporting activities, and others.
Housing: Homestays, shared student apartments and private apartments are available. When you enroll, simply fill out the housing request form and indicate your housing preference. (The University of Malaga lists several university residences and other organizations that provide housing – be sure to review thoroughly and find the best deal for you.)
HOW TO ENROLL
Registration: Students must be 16 years old or over. Registration consists of a place reservation fee and an enrolment fee. The registration fee (place reservation and enrolment) must be paid in full before the beginning of the chosen course or program. Students can either pay a 20% registration fee and pay the remaining 80% 10 days before the start of the Spanish course, or students can make a full payment no later than 10 calendar days before the start of the Spanish course.
Documentation: Students who have already paid the full registration fee or the place reservation fee must send the following documents to the Secretary’s Office of Centro Internacional de Español de la Universidad de Malaga (Avda. de la Estación de El Palo, 4 — 29017 Malaga) or to email@example.com:
- Completed registration form
- A photocopy of the bank-transfer receipt
- A passport-sized photograph
- A photocopy of the Identity Card (European Union citizens) or Passport
The student will receive a confirmation of enrolment with information about the enrolled course. In order to receive a student card, it is necessary to hand in a passport-sized photograph at the Secretary’s office.